Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Planning a long road trip/family vacay for 8 people is simple, right?

Thinking of planning a long family vacation across country to Cali. We haven't been out there since we left in '06...and truthfully, if family wasn't out there I'd never go again... However, because family is out there, California it is. There are a couple peeps in particular we need to see, and I need to start planning and preparing and saving, saving, saving!

We're thinking of taking at least a couple of weeks to drive out, sight see, visit, and drive back, and we're thinking of doing so around spring break time, so the kids will only have to miss a week or so of school...possibly 2. That's one of the downsides to no longer homeschooling...trying to work it out with a school over why my kids will be absent for a week or more. Just...a lot on my mind, and a lot to prepare/plan for. Being OCD, I need to get everything organized exactly perfect...over and over again. And did I mention, planning? It will be awesome, though, and I'm grateful that we are at a point in our lives where we can start thinking about doing something like this. Ideally, it would be a couple years down the road. and there would be more income to save, but time is not always an option.

So, now I need to start checking out different sites, maps, hotels, sights to see, et c. so I can start getting deep down in the planning. It's going to be a wild ride, but I imagine a very memorable one for us all. Thinking of all the planning involved, I can honestly say that I'm grateful that we don't have any babies anymore. It's going to make packing a lot easier. It's also going to make traveling much nicer. It's always better to communicate with people by asking them what is wrong and hearing an actual form-words-from-their-mouth answer, than "WAHHHHHHH! WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Completely unrelated; the kids are back in school, and we're finally starting to get back into the groove of things. That means I should stop neglecting my blog so much! It was hard enough to (shamefully) even find my poor dusty ol' blog to make this post. And I'm feeling....well, like I don't like this post and all of it's redundancy right now, but I don't have time to perfect what I want to say and how. I just need to get back to the reason I started this thing: To get all I have to say off of facebook, out of my head when facebook just doesn't do it, and onto an online diary, lol. ;)  Also, I should get my fat butt back onto the equally neglected treadmill. Yeah...I'll save all that shame and misery for another post on another day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment